Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Holiday Potpourri

I needed a quick little gift to make for my co-workers. Last year I received one of these from a friend and loved it. I refilled the water often and was able to use it for weeks!

The idea came from Pinterest. 





Each bag includes:

  • One orange
  • 1/2 cup cranberries
  • 3 cinnamon sticks
  • 1 tablespoon whole cloves
  • A bit of grated nutmeg
I found the best deal on cinnamon sticks was to buy them by weight from our local natural harvest.

Instructions: Quarter the orange, place all in a small saucepan filled with water and simmer on lowest setting. Refill water as needed. 

I tied a homemade tag to each bag with red ribbon.

My co-workers absolutely loved these! I have extras, so I think I'm going to give some of these to my friends too.

No comments: