Friday, December 13, 2013

Monster High Birthday!

I can't believe that my little girl turned 7 this year! Somedays it seems like she was just born.

Addison is really into Monster High this year and that is the theme she wanted. I lucked out and earlier this fall Target had Monster High products in their dollar spot! We picked up Monster High, notebooks, markers, stickers, and tattoos for the gift bags.  After Halloween I also picked up a package of eye patches and some glow in the dark mice (for the boys invited to the party), and a giant bag of candy.  I also added a balloon and a Go-Go squeeze apple sauce.

I decided to make a Monster High doll cake. One of my friends had a doll cake pan that I borrowed and I found this design on Pinterest. I used the Duff tye dye cake mix, which was really good. The colors were amazing! 



I love how the cake turned out, however, the doll cake pan was not tall enough for the Monster High doll. I ended up making a 8x8 square cake that I put under the doll pan and trimmed the edges. Even with that, it wasn't tall enough! I used the trimmed edges on top of the doll pan and secured them with tooth picks and it turned out great.


I also made 36 cupcakes. Some of them I used around the cake during the party, and the rest of them she brought to daycare for a birthday treat there.  I found a free printable for cupcake toppers, which I just printed out and taped two matching ones to a toothpick.





I had the party at our local gymnastics gym, where Addison belongs. I loved having the party there, it was probably the least stressful party I've ever thrown. It was two hours long, the kids got to run around for the first hour and used the gym equipment. The teacher working also set up an obstacle course for the kids to run through.  Then we had cake and ice cream and opened gifts. 

No comments: