Friday, July 19, 2013

Patriotic Crunch

We spent the 4th of July weekend up in Ely with my family.  I was asked to bring some treats.  I searched my 4th of July board on Pinterest and decided to make Patriotic Crunch.




This was so easy to make, Addison helped with most of the work!  

Patriotic Crunch
2 cups pretzel sticks
2 cups rice Chex
1 bag plain white popcorn popped.  Make sure to take any unpopped kernels out.
5-6 blocks almond bark
sprinkles
M&Ms

Mix the pretzels, Chex, and popcorn on a wax paper lined pan. Melt the almond bark and pour over the mix.  Mix well and sprinkle with sprinkles. Once hardened break into pieces and add M&Ms.  

The next time I make this I think I will add the M&Ms prior to letting the mix harden. Most of them fell to the bottom of the bowl.



Everyone loved this and I will definitely make it again.  I couldn't find red, white, and blue M&Ms, but I would love to make this for other holidays with the holiday coloered M&Ms.

1 comment:

Breezy Brie said...

Looks super yummy!!!