Sunday, April 14, 2013

Overnight Oats

I keep seeing lots of different recipes for overnight oats on Pinterest. They seem interesting to me. I love oatmeal, but I've never had cold oatmeal before.  I finally decided to give it a try.  After searching I found this recipe on Pinterest. 


I liked that it had multiple options for flavors with one base recipe.  I don't have Chia seeds, so I did add in a little extra oats.  I decided to try the Banana Cocoa recipe because I had a banana that needed to be used up. 

It was really easy to mix up. The recipe shows that it was mixed in a pint glass jar. I had pint plastic jars from homemade strawberry rhubarb sauce, so I mixed it in there.






I just wasn't a fan of the flavor. The Greek yogurt I used was very sour, so I might try a vanilla one next time and a different flavor combination.

No comments: