Monday, February 11, 2013

Artisan Bread

I have a thing for good homemade bread, I love it. I love it straight from the oven with butter, I love it in my lunches as a sandwich, or just with butter and some good cheese and an apple. 

I found this recipe on Pinterest for Artisan Bread and it looked so good and very easy to make. I read through the instructions on the website and decided that I did not need a 2.5 lb loaf of bread.  I knew that I would probably be the only one in the house to eat it and I don't need to eat that much bread!  I decided to cut everything in the recipe in half.  

I started the process on a Saturday afternoon and let it sit on the counter for 18 hours.  This bread was so easy to make, I will definitely be making it again. I also don't have a Dutch Oven, so I just used a regular non stick pot with a lid that is oven save and it still turned out perfect.  



I still had a little bit of the bread left on Friday. It was still good to eat, but it just didn't taste as fresh as it had earlier in the week.  I ended up slicing some and making cheese toast. I just spread butter on the bread, put some shredded mozarella cheese on it and put it under the broiler until the cheese was melted. I have to admit it was the best cheese toast I've ever had! 

Linking up to The Dedicated House

1 comment:

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

OMGoodness! This looks so good! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world! Would love it if you would share this at the Make it Pretty Monday party which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse