Saturday, October 11, 2008

Halloween Projects!!

I finally finished the Candy Corn Topiaries that I started oh two weeks ago! I had to run to the store this morning to buy Spanish Moss. Then I had to spray paint it black. I swear that is the messiest stuff to work with. Anway.... here are my finished corns! I'm really happy with how they turned out.







These were so simple to do. The logest part was waiting for the paint to dry on the styrofoam. I think it cost me about $12 to buy everything to make two of them. But that included things like paint, glue, and ribbon. Which I have tons left of for other projects. And the $2.00 bag of Spanish Moss which will probably last me my whole life!

Here is another little project that I threw together. My daughter made the tree at daycare (or painted the paper anyway). But I thought it was cute. Plus my bedroom is in reds and golds.

I won the picture of the frame at a baby shower this summer. I wish I would have taken a before picture of the frame. I'm sure it came from the dollar store (it's actually plastic!). It was a silver color but it looked like they were trying to make it aged. Anway.... I spray painted the frame black. Then I added a piece of scrapbook paper to the back and added the tree. I think it turned out super cute!



I went to the dollar store this week and got a black frame to make the "BOO" or "EEK" pictures that everyone is doing. I wasn't able to find the cute frame that everyone else has, but it will work. I also picked up a white frame to do another project that I've been thinking of doing. So I'm hoping to possibly work on those tomorrow.

Linking up to Someday Crafts and craftaholics anonymous

8 comments:

Chris said...

The candy corn looks spectacular! I love the little urns with the ribbon on them. Sooo cute! You did a great job!

Melissa said...

I love your candy corn topiaries. What an awesome idea. They look great!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

How fun! You're so creative. Glad you joined the party.

Don't forget to add a link to the Halloween Party so friends can join in on the fun:-)

Jenna Z said...

Topiaries, so cute!! Love them!

. said...

Super cute!!! I've been wanting to do a candy corn project this year...this just may be the one! :)

Tardevil said...

Love the topiaries. Too cute!

KimMalk said...

These are so cute! I actually thought of making some candy corn topiaries, too. I am going to be posting a similar craft in the next few days - I hope you will check it out. (Sorry about the horrible plug, but I'm really excited about them.)

Brenda said...

Beautiful! I love it!